[GRAAP-WG] Report from OGF 31

Wolfgang Ziegler Wolfgang.Ziegler at scai.fraunhofer.de
Fri Mar 25 05:54:25 CDT 2011

Dear GAAPians,

OGF 31 ended this afternoon. We had two GRAAP sessions on Monday.
Due to the fact that the Negotiation spec entered the public
comment period only March 15 we had no chance to discuss comments
since we did not yet receive any.

Thus, we changed the agenda and focussed on term languages and KPIs.
The meeting attendance was small for different reasons less people
could make it than initially foreseen. However, the discussions +
have been quite productive and bringing the topic term languages
and KPIs for WS-Agreement SLAs forward.

Please set the session material of OGF 31 in the gridforge space
of the GRAAP group. I uploaded the minutes and a first draft of
KPIs that should be refined now. The plan is to create an informational
document with an agreed list of KPIs. The same for term languages.
We are currently working on term languages for Trust, Risk,
Eco-efficiency, Cost and Constraints for Data or VM Placement in the
European project OPTIMIS, which will be circulated for further
refinement on the GRAAP list.

Please, also check the session slides, accessible through the session
schedule page as usual.

Finally, download the WS-Agreement Negotiation spec

http://www.ogf.org/Public_Comment_Docs/Documents/2011-03/WS-Agreement-Negotiation+v1.0.pdf

and send comments until May 15.

Best regards

Wolfgang

--
          Wolfgang Ziegler    www.scai.fraunhofer.de/ziegler.html
    Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)

      elasticLM - Software License Technology for Grids, Clouds, SOA
                             www.elasticlm.com

      OPTIMIS - Optimised Infrastructure Services: www.optimis-project.eu

              CoreGRID ERCIM Working Group   www.coregrid.net