[GRAAP-WG] Penalties

Tue Sep 7 08:45:53 CDT 2010

Hi.

> during a discussion the question come up, what kinds of penalties are
> used within the various implementations of WS-Agreement SLAs. It would
> be very helpful to get some example use cases, example SLAs, and related
> information.

In AssessGrid we assumed a simple monetary penalty. One interesting
usecase we investigated was supporting a time dependent penalty
definition that allows revoking a signed SLA for a specific cost.

E.g.:

- cancel the SLA within the first 5 minutes because you needed a
commitment by a provider but found a better one later.

- cancel an SLA 24h before some job is actually scheduled because you
have reserved resources a long time in advance and realize that you will
not use them.

Best regards,

Dominic