[GRAAP-WG] FW: Announcing Grid Voices, a new blog from European research leaders brought to you by Gridipedia

Igor Rosenberg igor.rosenberg at atosresearch.eu
Mon Mar 16 06:07:16 CDT 2009

An announcement on a new blog...

Dear all,

(Apologies for cross posting)

Gridipedia is pleased to announce the launch of a new blog, Grid Voices,
to be hosted on www.Gridipedia.eu. This blog will be written by
prominent members of the European Grid, Service oriented and Cloud
computing areas, from both industry and academic institutions.

The blog will focus on Grids, clouds, and related technologies, in
particular in reference to their commercial use and exploitation. It can
be found at www.gridipedia.eu/grid_voices.html.

Today we have published our first post. From Stefan Wesner, Deputy
Director of Stuttgart's High Performance Computing Centre, it focuses on
key limitations of Cloud from the perspective of the BEinGRID research
initiative. We have a publication schedule that anticipates a new post
approximately every two weeks. Next week's post will be written by Theo
Dimitrakos, Research Group Leader at BT. He will be followed by
Professor Varvarigou from the National Technical University of Athens.

Please forward this message to your contacts and colleagues. I believe
it will offer valuable insight from the heart of the European "Grid
Scene". The blog will shortly be hosted by Wordpress software so
comments will become enabled, and at Gridipedia we hope that this can
become the centre of a lively online community.

Sincerely,

Daniel Field

Atos Origin Research and Innovation

Avda. Diagonal 200

08018 Barcelona, Spain

Tel: +34 93 486 1818

fax: +34 93 486 0766

SKYPE : daniel_field

www.atosresearch.eu <http://www.atosresearch.eu/>

will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Este mensaje y los ficheros adjuntos pueden contener informacion confidencial
destinada solamente a la(s) persona(s) mencionadas anteriormente
pueden estar protegidos por secreto profesional.
Si usted recibe este correo electronico por error, gracias por informar
inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje.
Al no estar asegurada la integridad de este mensaje sobre la red, Atos Origin
no se hace responsable por su contenido. Su contenido no constituye ningun
compromiso para el grupo Atos Origin, salvo ratificacion escrita por ambas partes.
Aunque se esfuerza al maximo por mantener su red libre de virus, el emisor
no puede garantizar nada al respecto y no sera responsable de cualesquiera
danos que puedan resultar de una transmision de virus.