[GRAAP-WG] OGF: SLA framework

Heiko Ludwig hludwig at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 2 12:29:58 CST 2009

Revisiting the life cycle is certainly a good idea to decide on next steps.

My take is that 2 has been addressed by WS-Agreement, even though maybe not
to the full extent required to drive the subsequent negotiation phase if
more sophisticated protocols are to be required. Generally, as Igor is
pointing out, it provides some content structure underpinnings that can be
used throughout the life-cycle.

The next question we should ask ourselves is what parts of this life-cycle
should be standardized and where competing approaches provide more benefits
for tools and services providers and customers. Is anyone aware of a good
metric for this decision process?

Heiko

-----
Heiko Ludwig, Dr. rer. pol.
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
based at Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA 95120-6099
hludwig at us.ibm.com, tel. +1 408-927-1488,  mob. +1 646-675-8469
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h/hludwig/