[GRAAP-WG] Group status update

Wolfgang Ziegler Wolfgang.Ziegler at scai.fraunhofer.de
Fri Aug 21 10:13:46 CDT 2009

Dear GRAAPians,

as the next OGF meeting in Banff is approaching I take the
opportunity to update you on the status of the WG.

First of all the experience document is almost complete,
please check out the document here

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.graap-wg/docman.root.current_drafts.ws_agreement_experience_docuemnt/doc15550

and comment. It needs a bit of editorial polishing and
then it will be sent to the list again for a last call
for comments. Our objective is to send it to the OGF
editor before the next OGF. We expect WS-Agreement
to become a full recommendation of the OGF by end
the year.

Thanks again to all who contributed to the document.

The second point is the further work on adding negotiation and
re-negotiation capabilities to the WS-Agreement spec v1.0.

We made some progress on this during the last OGF and between
and already have an implementation for the proposed negotiation
extension. This will be presented at OGF in Banff. Philipp is
currently working on putting a GFD together with the
proposed extensions, more to come.

Third, we plan 3 GRAAP-WG sessions in Banff, all with
a focus on the planned negotiation and re-negotiation extensions.
I will send a proposal for the sessions next week and also
request the sessions end of next week.

Finally, I am about to change our living charter to better
reflect the current activities towards negotiation.

Best regards

Wolfgang

--
          Wolfgang Ziegler    www.scai.fraunhofer.de/ziegler.html
    Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)

  SmartLM - Software License Technology for Grids, Clouds, SOA: www.smartlm.eu

              CoreGRID Network of Excellence   www.coregrid.net
    Institute on Resource Management and Scheduling   www.coregrid.net/irms