[GRAAP-WG] FW: Re-negotiation Protocol Proposal

Toshiyuki Nakata t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com
Fri Feb 29 16:51:52 CST 2008

 Hi Karl:

> Apparently, you want to consider the original agreement responder as a
> "server side" component, so you don't feel complete until the original
> initiator holds an EPR to an agreement representing the renegotiation
> back on this "server side".  Am I correct?

I would not say that the agreement responder  would be on the "Server" side.
I had just assumed that the agreement factory would be on the Agreement
responder side.

> A better rendering might eliminate this round-trip.  What you could do
> is send a PendingAgreement EPR in the initial renegotiation offer, so
> the renegotiation responder already has an EPR before he decides to
> accept.  This would also support the Accept message, so the responder
> could simply invoke that and be done with it.

WOuld this be same for both the cases of MI=AI and MI=AR?

We were discussing in the group about the appplicability of having a
modified EPR for
MI=AR case...

Best Regards
Toshi

-----
Toshiyuki Nakata 中田 登志之
Executive Chief Engineer, Central Research Lab. NEC
1753, Shimonumabe, Nakahara-Ku,
Kawasaki,Kanagawa 211-8666,Japan
Tel +81-44-431-7653 (NEC Internal 22-60035)
Fax +81-44-431-7609 (NEC Internal 22-60509)