[GRAAP-WG] Modification to the wiki Page on Renegotiating an established Agreement

Toshiyuki Nakata t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com
Thu Aug 23 07:30:21 CDT 2007

HI Dominic:
Thanx for the response.

> For that reason I mentioned the "superseded by" information that could
> be added to the context. A third party might need to check whether the
> SLA is superseded by another SLA periodically. Kind of ugly...

I see. I had been wondering what you meant by "superseded by"..
It might be necessary to have a Notification sent to all the bodies using
the old EPR...

> oh, does this imply that you want a simple two way communication?
>
> AI ------ 1. please change SLA like this ------> AR
>                                            2. AR changes SLA
>    <------ 3. confirms change ------------------
>
> or
>
> AI ------ 1. please change SLA like this ------> AR
>                                            2. AR rejects change
>    <------------- 3. exception ------------------

for AI to AR yes, for AR to AI this becomes a bit more complex..
(Please cf. the ppt attached in the Wiki page)

> AI ------ 1. please change SLA like this ------> AR
>                                 2. AR decides that it can change SLA
>                                 3. AR calculates price of modification
>    <----------- 4. new offer ------------------
> 5. AI decides whether change is worth the price
>    --------- 6. confirmation/rejection --------->

I agree that this is more beautiful.
OTOH I think that this raises the issue related to two phase commit protocol
that had been discussed
for a long time and in a heated manner by quite a number of people (before
my time actually)
and finally got rejected in the original WS-Agreement protocol.

I  am a bit afraid of waking the sleeping monster, but I welcome people's
comments..

Best regards
Toshi

-----
Toshiyuki Nakata 中田 登志之
Executive Chief Engineer, Central Research Lab. NEC
1753, Shimonumabe, Nakahara-Ku,
Kawasaki,Kanagawa 211-8666,Japan
Tel +81-44-431-7653 (NEC Internal 22-60035)
Fax +81-44-431-7609 (NEC Internal 22-60509)