[GRAAP-WG] Modification to the wiki Page on Renegotiating an established Agreement

Toshiyuki Nakata t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com
Wed Aug 22 19:30:50 CDT 2007

Hi: Dominic:
Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments.
I'll just address the first one. For the rest, please give me some time.

>ad "New EPR or re-write the current WS-AG document?"
>during the renegotiation the agreement is in some kind of intermediate
change (i.e. it might be in a proposed
> new status that is not yet accepted by the other party), don't we need a
new EPR for that?

The reason that I wanted to re-write the current WS-AG rather than a new EPR
was that one could never know
who might be using the old EPR. In a complex scenario like the one I
mentioned in Business Grid Computing case or
some  broker case, old EPR might be propagated to other parties who would be
using it.
So I thought that it would not be realistic to assure that the NEW EPR would
be propagated to all the
bodies who might be referring to the old EPR.

On the other hand, re-writing the current WS-AG document kept by the
Agreement Responder does cause
a serious race condition when the AR is the requestor for modifying the
Agreement.
(ie. it must be re-written only after the AI says he agrees, but when?)

>What would the ResourceProperties (e.g. the SDTs or GTs) look like in the
intermediate state? (DB, 2007/08/22)
I am assuming that the service (under the old SLA) is still being provided
even while the renegotiation is going on.
(If the service is stopped, then we don't need renegotiation. We just
terminate the old agreement and create a new agreement)

As for the rest of your comments, essentially I agree with you. The only
problemis that some of them seem to be very difficult
to address :-( In any case, please give me some time as I can only do this
work sporadically.

Best regards
Toshi
-----
Toshiyuki Nakata 中田 登志之
Executive Chief Engineer, Central Research Lab. NEC
1753, Shimonumabe, Nakahara-Ku,
Kawasaki,Kanagawa 211-8666,Japan
Tel +81-44-431-7653 (NEC Internal 22-60035)
Fax +81-44-431-7609 (NEC Internal 22-60509)