[graap-wg] url for the Web Services Policy WG in W3C

t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com t-nakata at cw.jp.nec.com
Wed Jun 28 10:44:30 CDT 2006

Hi Asit and everyone:
Sorry: I am still a bit groggy.
(Caught a cold..)

> Hi: Apologies again for  not making  it on this call..

Asit: Thank you very much for your clarification of your opinion.

>> I believe this is a very important issue, and we should have a well
>> reasoned and well articulated position on this for the wider audience --
>> whatever may be the final decision of the group.

I agree and still, I think at this point making changes to the spec could be
dangerous due to the pros and cons I mentioned before.

>> Given that WS-Policy draft (that has been submitted to W3C) is very stable
>> - has been co-authored by representatives from several organizations,
>> already implemented by many vendors and many other OASIS standards on
>> security, transaction, reliability, etc. dependent on this spec -  and
>> changes to the current draft of WS-Ag spec is minimal (not surprising,
>> since we started with WS-Policy for term composition), there are many good
>> reasons to embrace WS-Policy now.

I personally would like to see how / whether the spec would change in the
new W3C community.
I still think that it is too early to tell.
Best regards
Toshi

-------
NEC 中央研究所 主席技術主幹