[graap-wg] terminal fault type

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Tue Mar 22 01:40:41 CST 2005

I think we can safely remove the terminal fault type from the
appendix.  It is a leftover from the negotiation interface when we
were perhaps trying to be too sophisticated.

The idea was to be able to distinguish to kinds of fault when invoking
against a stateful resource:

  1) the usual kind, which means the operation failed

  2) terminal kind, which means not only did it fail, but you
     broke the resource permanently :-)

This can be handled by returning the regular kind of fault and then
finding that there is a "resource unknown" fault on a future
invocation, just like if the resource terminates asynchronously.

We did suggest this topic to the WSRF folks and they didn't seem
to make it a priority.  I don't see why we should either.

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com