[graap-wg] Comments WS-AG Spec

Dominic Battre bachelor at battre.de
Thu Jun 23 14:57:55 CDT 2005

Hi.

I haven't followed the mailing list very closely recently, so I read the
current specification again after a long absence.

I don't know, whether you are still looking for comments, but these are
some points, that came into my mind.  Some typos and inconsistencies and
some requests for possible clarification.

Have a good travel to Chicago.

Section 1.3 Namespace

The prefix should be xsi instead of Xsi (lower case x)

Section 4.1 Agreement Context

most objects are optional, so I think the gray box should have several ?
instead of + to indicate that.

it should be /wsag:Context/{any} and /wsag:Context/@{anyAttribute}
instead of /wsp:Context/...

Section 4.2.1 Term Types:
<wsag:Term Name="xsd:NCName?"/>  ->  <wsag:Term Name="xsd:NCName"?/>
(moved ?)

Section 4.2.5.1	Variable Set
wsag:Metric="xsd:QName"? in gray box (new ?)
as "This element is optional and..."

Section 4.2.6.3.3 Preference

I am a little bit confused about the
/wsag:Preference/wsag:ServiceTermReference:

what does it reference? /wsag:ServiceDescriptionTerm at wsag:Name?  in that
case, the type should be xs:NCName

How come, you don't use wsag:Location?

"/wsag:Preference/wsag:Utility
      This element can appear multiple times, one corresponding to each
ServiceTermReference."

Where is the connection of Utility to the ServiceTermReference?  First
S.T.R. <> first utility, second S.T.R. <> second utility, ...?

I have read the schema files and from that I think it is better to put

<wsag:Preference>
{
    <wsag:ServiceTermReference>xsd:string</wsag:ServiceTermReference>
    <wsag:Utility>xsd:float</wsag:Utility>
} +
</wsag:Preference>

into the gray box.

Section 6 Compliance of Offers with Templates

"In order for an agreement offer to be accepted, it MUST comply with at
least one template advertised by the agreement provider to which the
offer is submitted."  In section 4.1 Agreement Context, you have
requested that the /wsag:Context/wsag:TemplateName points to exactly one
agreement template.

I think it would help to add statements whether it is allowed to
- add Terms that are not specified in the AgreementTemplate's Terms section,
- delete Terms from the Agreement, that are part of the
AgreementTemplate's Terms section but are not referenced in its creation
constraints.

As the added or deleted terms are not expressed in the
wsag:CreationConstraints section in these cases, I assume that both
operations are valid.

Section 7.2 Guarantee States

The guarantee states describe the current situation, but what is the
semantic of the current situation?  Example "I request a response time
of <1 sec.", this response time has been exceeded for 1 hour yesterday,
but we are within the limits again.  Is the guarantee to *always* offer
response times <1 sec fulfilled or not?

Appendix Template

<wsag:Item wsag:name="argumentsTerm">
<wsag:Location>//wsag:ServiceDescriptionTerm/job:arguments</wsag:Location>
<!--<job:arguments> is allowed; no constraint on its value, whichever
the executable may be.-->
</wsag:Item>

is "allowed" the right wording?  From how I interpret the WSAG
specification, it is required.

Best,
Dominic