[graap-wg] termination versus determination

Heiko Ludwig hludwig at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 28 11:05:06 CST 2005

Conceptually, I agree with the notion that agreements shouldn't be
terminated at all and their useful lifetime as a resource int he WSRF
sense ends at some point. The validity of agreements should only be
terminated by another agreement. However, this raises 2 pragmatic issues:

1. Agreements not having a reasonable end date don't quite fit the
resource lifecycle model since they, in theory, should be available
indefinitely. We have to find a pragmatic way of removing them when they
are not useful anymeore, e.g., when one cannot claim service against them
etc.

2. Agreeing to "terminate" (not provide service against it) an agreement
using another agreement is quite a bit of overhead. It would be good to
have a simple standard means that would shortcut this, such as a
"terminte" method. Ths could be optional and rejectable.

Trying to keep things simple,
Heiko

owner-graap-wg at ggf.org wrote on 02/25/2005 10:54:03 PM:

> On Feb 25, Jon MacLaren loaded a tape reading:
> > From your list, I think that only c) and d) can work.  a) and b)
assume