[graap-wg] Asynchronous operations

Takuya Araki (Biglobe) takuya_araki at mua.biglobe.ne.jp
Tue Nov 30 19:40:06 CST 2004

(I resend this mail since it seems that my last post was not delivered.
I am sorry if you receive the same mail twice.)
--
Dear All,

After discussion with Nakata-san, I was convinced of the importance
of asynchronous operations. (It reminded me that I had to change timeout
parameter when I made an agreement-based system in the Fusion project.)
So I tried to define asynchronous version of createAgreement and Terminate,
though I am neither dedicated nor a champion.

I added asynchronous operations as Section 8.4 and its WSDL as Appendix 2.
These operations are optional, and there was no need to change the original
specification other than that.

I added asynchronous request operations (e.g. createAgreementAsync),
polling operations for getting the result (e.g. createAgreementGetResult),
and response operations (e.g. createAgreementResult).
Please see the attached document for detail. It also includes some minor comments
to the original specification.

I am not sure if this is appropriate timing since we are waiting for public comment
period, but it would be better to ask you for comments about the change anyway.

Regards,
--
Takuya Araki
Grid System Technology Group