[gmac] RE: [gfac] Request for Media Topics

Fogel, Robert robert.fogel at intel.com
Tue Apr 5 09:26:49 CDT 2005

Here is some feedback on list of topics that either the media is *about
to talk about* (in reference to grids and grid
adoption) OR the media *SHOULD be talking about* as a potential
roadblock to grid adoption:

	* Convergence of Grid and SOA
	* Differences between standards and priorities for
scientific/academic and the enterprise, i.e. what are the specific needs
for each and how do they overlap
	* Availability of commercial (or commercially supported) Grid
apps and solution stacks, esp ones being driven/effected by OGSA
	* Availability of Grid app development tools, i.e. tools for
designing, building/deploying, and operating Grid app environments
	* Availability of Grid app development tools, i.e. tools for
designing, building/deploying, and operating Grid execution environments
	* Availability of Grid environment development tools, i.e. tools
for designing, building/deploying, and operating Grid infrastructure
	* How are Grids impacting end-users in terms of measurable
change between what they were doing before Grids and now with Grids,
e.g. productivity, TCO, performance and efficiency
	* Specific Grid enabling technology built into SW operating
systems and HW platform, e.g. virtualization, manageability and security

Hope these are helpful.  Thanks.

Robert Fogel
Director, Worldwide Grid Strategy and Business Development
Intel Corp
408-765-6404