[glue-wg] REMINDER: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Sill, Alan Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Nov 12 12:15:40 EST 2019

HI all,

I agree about the idea of switching to GitHub and Markdown. I tried as Baptiste said to convert an old version as an experiment from Word to Markdown with automated tools, but this produced only marginally satisfactory results. I think the best thing would be to start as suggested with a new set of organized separate Markdown files from scratch. Note this has the advantage once you have done it that all further changes to the document can be handled as pull requests. The online tools in GitHub make it easy to produce such pull request changes, even for beginners, with no further software tools required (although the usual set of git and GitHub tools work fine also for doing this). Of course, there are other ways to use a GitHub repository other than Markdown, but the effort that is there was intended to at least start the conversion process. It can be abandoned and replaced as desired.

I can add anyone who wants to be included to the @OpenGridForum/OGF-GLUE GitHub team (https://github.com/orgs/OpenGridForum/teams/ogf-glue/members) and make the group leaders the maintainers, so that you can do this yourself moving on. We are trying to modernize OGF support for working groups and move to using GitHub for group support, so this would be very desirable from our point of view. Please let us know of anything we can do to make this option more workable for the group and attractive.

Several of you may already have invitations pending to join this group, so please check your GitHub accounts. Others who want to join, please send me your GitHub account IDs to make it easier to find and add you.

Alan