[glue-wg] NOTES: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Alessandro Paolini alessandro.paolini at egi.eu
Fri Jun 15 10:08:17 EDT 2018

On 15 June 2018 at 15:51, Navarro, JP <navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Participants:
>   Allesandro Paolini
>   Baptiste Grenier
>   Enol Fernandez
>   Paolo Andreetto
>   Stephen Burke
>   JP Navarro
>
> Agenda notes:
>
> 1) Discuss GLUE2.1 draft with cloud and accelerator entities
>
>   Lead: Alessandro Paolini and colleagues
>   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BpeTBQfCn8xRo4Ff38esRhBwzoUHE
> 4bVxba2rEAzI-U
>   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x2gUt2lJNevle8evQu6LcKr9xs5NH
> Rd6FbNzb1yK2eE
>

> Meeting folder and slides:
> - https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6625
>
> Schema discussion:
> - Describing hypervisor as an attribute rather than as a first order entity
> - Place a GLUE 2.1 Change Log in a new Appendix C
>
> IMPORTANT: All other proposed 2.1 schema changes should be sent to the
> list by June 22, 2018.
>
> Reference implementations:
> - OpenStack reference LDAP implementation that is a little behind the
> latest proposed schema:
>   https://github.com/EGI-Foundation/cloud-info-provider
>   https://github.com/gwarf/cloud-info-provider/blob/glue_
> 2.1_keystone/etc/templates/compute.glue21
> - XSEDE has an Accelerator JSON implementation (will send to the list next
> week any proposed schema adjustments)
>
> Next steps/action items:
> 1) Draft GLUE 2.1 document highlighting the changes versus 2.0 to be shard
> with the list by the end of June (Allesandro and company)
>    - Continue to draft changes using Google doc
> 2) Internal GLUE-WG comment period thru the middle of July (~2 weeks)
> 3) Final cleanup, remove highlighted changes, and prepare for release to
> the council by the end of July (Allesandor, JP)

Hi JP,

I will be away in the second half of July, from 16th to 27th, so I should
be able to prepare the final version in the first weeks of August.

Cheers,
Alessandro

>    - Final document can be an exported Word and/or PDF
> 4) The council can circulate for the required public comment by early
> August
>
> Meeting participants please reply/comment if any important discussion
> items are missing from these notes.
>
> Regards,
>
> JP

Dr. Alessandro Paolini
Operations Officer - EGI Foundation
Science Park 140
1098 XG Amsterdam
The Netherlands
skype: alessandro.paolini.egi
"I believe in the power of laughter and tears"
    "as an antidote to hatred and terror"
          "A day without laughter"
             "is a wasted day" >>> Charlie Chaplin