[glue-wg] GLUE2.1 draft: request for final discussion and approval

Paolo Andreetto paolo.andreetto at pd.infn.it
Fri Jun 8 05:14:24 EDT 2018

On 06/01/2018 11:39 AM, Stephen Burke - UKRI STFC wrote:
> ComputeCapability would be better as an open enumeration if you expect software to be able to use it as a selection key.
Hi Stephen

The ComputeCapability in the AcceleratorEnvironment is an attribute
strongly recommended for Nvidia GPUs descriptions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA#GPUs_supported
It's not properly a version number, we may say that is a "category
number" or "category ID", it can't be an enumeration.
We discussed a lot in the past about that attribute but it seems to me
that we still don't have a clear idea.

BTW, since the list of comments for that attribute is getting very long
I reset it and put a short description.

--
Ing. Paolo Andreetto

Tel: +39 049.967.7378