[glue-wg] StorageSharePath multiplicity requested by Atlas

Stephen Burke - UKRI STFC stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 06:01:33 EDT 2018

glue-wg <glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org> On Behalf Of Paul Millar said:
> I have a slight preference for "Paths" over "OtherPaths", since
> OtherPaths suggests the value of Path is somehow canonical or preferred,
> which (I believe) isn't the intention.

It's preferred in the sense of being a default, use that path if you don't have a reason to do something else. That's how lcg-utils always worked, if you just specified a file name rather than a full path the code would write it to the default path. If there's only one default that's unambiguous, if you have several it's not clear what the semantics should be and anyway it's a change. Lcg-utils is now deprecated in favour of gfal and that doesn't use the information system, it just leaves it to the user, but that still gives the user the same question of how they construct a path if they don't have other knowledge.