[glue-wg] Minutes: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Alessandro Paolini alessandro.paolini at egi.eu
Wed Sep 13 08:42:48 EDT 2017

Hi JP,

just a clarification regarding the notes:

>>Cream already publishes GPGPUs for traditional HPC resources

CREAM already supports GPGPU, it is waiting for the GLUE2.1 approval before
publishing the related information in the BDII.

cheers,
Alessandro

On 24 August 2017 at 18:21, Navarro, JP <navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> [...]
> renderings, Cloud Extensions
>    We have since officially released the LDAP and JSON rendering documents:
>    https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.218.pdf
>    https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.219.pdf
>
>    Our primary ongoing work has been the Cloud Extensions
>
> 2) Cloud Extensions (presented by Alessandro; implemented by Baptiste)
>    GOAL: To officially publish a new GLUE v2.1 schema that includes cloud
> entities
>    Slides and draft v2.1 schema are at https://redmine.ogf.org/
> dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6622
>    Cream already publishes GPGPUs for traditional HPC resources
>    XSEDE needs to publish GPGPU information thru traditional GLUE2 grid
> entities
>    XSEDE may also need to implement the GLUE v2.1 schema rendered as JSON
>    Used GLUE2GroupID=resource branch for backward compatibility
>    Why use endpoint information in the IDs? Consistent with other IDs
>    GLUE2ServiceAdminDomainForeignKey should be a URN per the specification
>    Rather than put important information in OtherInfo we should create new
> attributes
>    Plan to make the implementation production in the BDII by the end of
> this year 2017
>    Next steps:
>    1) Alessandro, Baptiste, and company will continue implementation and
> submit a final draft schema
>       v2.1 for internal working group review by this Fall
>    2) If there are significant internal comments we will schedule another
> meeting to discuss them,
>       otherwise we will approve the draft by e-mail and prepare it to
> release to the OGF editor
>

> Regards,
>
> JP Navarro
>

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Navarro, JP <navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> Greetings GLUE WG,
>
> Our next GLUE WG teleconference will be:
> : Tuesday, August 22, 2017
> : 15:30-17:00 Central Europe, 8:30-10:00 AM US Central
>
> We will use Skype for Business teleconference and screen sharing:
> : Web: https://meet.illinois.edu/ncsa-meeting-manager/L37V93J4
> :  --> Cancel login dialog, click guest "Sign in here instead", enter
> name, click "Join the meeting"
> : Phone: 1-888-983-3631 <(888)%20983-3631>, International 1-217-332-6338
> <(217)%20332-6338> or 1-312-994-8410 <(312)%20994-8410>
> : Conference ID: 4463261
>
> As a fall back we also have:
> : Web: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
> : Login as Guest using your real name
>
> IMPORTANT: Recommend that those that need to configure and test Skype for
> Business please try to connect 15 minutes early.
>
> Proposed agenda:
>
> 1) Reminder that we released two official documents since our last meeting
> (2 minutes)
>   LDAP rendering: http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.218.pdf
>   JSON rendering: http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.219.pdf
>
> 2) Cloud Extensions (55+ minutes)
>   Review and discuss Alessandro’s GLUE 2.1 Cloud Extensions Prototype

Dr. Alessandro Paolini
Operations Officer - EGI Foundation
Science Park 140
1098 XG Amsterdam
The Netherlands
skype: alessandro.paolini.egi
"I believe in the power of laughter and tears"
    "as an antidote to hatred and terror"
          "A day without laughter"
             "is a wasted day" >>> Charlie Chaplin