[glue-wg] Minutes: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Navarro, JP navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 24 12:21:59 EDT 2017

Participants:

Alessandro Paolini
Baptiste Grenier (did the technical work for cloud info provider)
Stephen Burke
Florido Paganelli
Jens Jensen
JP Navarro

NOTES:

1) What has GLUE2 done recently?
   In our last call in May 2016 we discussed Enumerations, LDAP and JSON renderings, Cloud Extensions
   We have since officially released the LDAP and JSON rendering documents:
   https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.218.pdf
   https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.219.pdf

   Our primary ongoing work has been the Cloud Extensions

2) Cloud Extensions (presented by Alessandro; implemented by Baptiste)
   GOAL: To officially publish a new GLUE v2.1 schema that includes cloud entities
   Slides and draft v2.1 schema are at https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6622
   Cream already publishes GPGPUs for traditional HPC resources
   XSEDE needs to publish GPGPU information thru traditional GLUE2 grid entities
   XSEDE may also need to implement the GLUE v2.1 schema rendered as JSON
   Used GLUE2GroupID=resource branch for backward compatibility
   Why use endpoint information in the IDs? Consistent with other IDs
   GLUE2ServiceAdminDomainForeignKey should be a URN per the specification
   Rather than put important information in OtherInfo we should create new attributes
   Plan to make the implementation production in the BDII by the end of this year 2017
   Next steps:
   1) Alessandro, Baptiste, and company will continue implementation and submit a final draft schema
      v2.1 for internal working group review by this Fall
   2) If there are significant internal comments we will schedule another meeting to discuss them,
      otherwise we will approve the draft by e-mail and prepare it to release to the OGF editor

Regards,

JP Navarro