[glue-wg] ATLAS, GLUE and JSON

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Wed Oct 12 18:25:32 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

<background>

A little while ago, the WLCG VO ATLAS started investigating how to do
storage accounting in a platform neutral fashion (i.e., not depending on
SRM).

Their idea was that a site would "somehow" ensure that their storage
system always has a file containing the necessary information.  The file
would be stored in a standard location.  ATLAS could then read this file
using whichever protocol is easiest.

The plan was for this file would be encoded as JSON.  They also put
together a rough description of how this file should look like.

I suggested that they investigate GLUE 2 and the GLUE-JSON binding,
rather than coming up with their own proprietary solution.

</background>

So, ATLAS are asking for some information:

   o	people with whom they can discuss how to use
	GLUE2 and GLUE-JSON.

   o	tools that parse GLUE-JSON.  I guess this would be mostly
	from XSEDE guys.

So, does anyone want to help them evaluate GLUE 2?

Cheers,

Paul.