[glue-wg] Getting GLUE2 LDAP published

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue May 12 13:42:09 EDT 2015

Hi Florido,

You will find that we are very quick to install or update schemas on schemas.org.org in response to a request from the group. This is about as non-bureaucratic as we can make it.

The issue only comes up for schema links that are published in OGF documents.  there should always be a schema at the location referred to in the publication. Part of our review process for publishing new OGF documents is to make sure that any schemas referred to in the document are properly in place.

As far as using other locations for development, testing or convenience, of course we leave that to the group.  There is nothing to prevent an individual implementation from using closes or other duplicates or even variations on the officially published schemas — the OGF process explicitly allows this, as it does also for clones or derivative works that make use of OGF published document information.

The main points are that (a) Schemas referred to in OGF documents as normative for a specification should always be available for any published document, and (b) we would prefer that the location of the schemas be under OGF control, primarily to ensure access and continued availability for the OGF community, even if individual people leading or within the groups move on.

Hope this helps!

Alan