[glue-wg] Call for minor non-distruptive updates to GLUE 2.0

david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 12:50:36 EDT 2014

Hi Salvatore,
I’ve not had a chance to go through all the proposed changes in detail yet, but after an initial glance it would appear some changes are not backward compatible. For example, changes to the existing v2 closed types cause issues, e.g. the closed ‘EndpointHealthState_t’ would need updating in the existing XSD to introduce the new ‘downtime’ enum value:

<simpleType name="EndpointHealthState_t">
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="critical"/>
<enumeration value="ok"/>
<enumeration value="other"/>
<enumeration value="unknown"/>
<enumeration value="warning"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>

(https://github.com/OGF-GLUE/XSD/blob/master/glue2.xsd)

If there are more changes to the existing v2 entities/types, I imagine it may become necessary to also publish a new/updated 2.1 XSD rendering also (I’d prefer not to have to do this if possible, but realize it may turn out to be needed in practice). Something for discussion I guess.

Thanks,
David