[glue-wg] New Endpoint and Service types

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 12:05:44 EDT 2014

Bartosz Bosak [mailto:bbosak at man.poznan.pl] said:
> 1. Do we need to publish data into both glue1 and glue2 or just into glue2?

GLUE 2 is sufficient as GLUE 1 is fairly close to being deprecated. On the other hand, there's no objection to publishing GLUE 1 for the time being.

> 2. It seems that the capability "notification" is not present in the supported capabilities of the validator? If this is a purposeful configuration, what capability should we select for the QCG-Notification service? If not, could we ask for addtion of the "notification" capability?

Capabilities are treated in the same kind of way as service/endpoint types, i.e. if you want something new which isn't covered by the existing values you can propose it to the GLUE WG.

> 3. We have a doubt about publication of site-ID. The scripts, e.g. glite-info-glue2-simple, require provisioning of site-ID, but I don't know how and from which place, this information can be acquired... Is there some instruction or standard way of doing this?

In EGI, the site IDs are defined in the GOC DB:

https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=Sites

The service manager should know their site ID, so if you provide a way to configure it that should be OK. A service doesn't have to be physically located at that site, but there needs to be some kind of relationship - in particular the service will normally need to be configured in the site BDII for that site.

> 4. Can you estimate when requested EndpointInterfaceName(s) and ServiceType(s) (and maybe new capability for QCG-Notification) will be present in the appropriate places?

Hopefully Maria can comment about the validator. The GLUE WG is planning to meet in the next couple of weeks to discuss the new values.