[glue-wg] New Endpoint and Service types

Maria Alandes Pradillo Maria.Alandes.Pradillo at cern.ch
Thu Mar 6 06:40:28 EST 2014

Dear all,

> As you point out, this could be discovered through Manager.ProductName,
> so it goes back to the above point: what are the use-cases for querying
> StorageService.Type?

People who don´t know the schema so well will tend to query for Service.Type. I would say we can publish this in both places. I find it very useful for myself right now to be able to distinguish DPM, dCache and StoRM and Service Type level. Although in the end, most people care about enpoints, so we need to make sure all Storage Systems are publishing the protocols with the same names, etc.

Regards,
Maria