[glue-wg] New Endpoint and Service types

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 06:22:37 EST 2014

Paul Millar [mailto:paul.millar at desy.de] said:
> SupportedProfile=http://webdav.org/
>
> (or however we choose to label WebDAV support).

I don't see that as an appropriate use of the attribute - that should be a URL you can follow to get information, not a selection parameter. Textual matching against a URL is vulnerable to both format variations, e.g. in the number of / characters, and changes in the URL itself. A URL is something which is basically a free-form string aside from syntax constraints, not a specifier that can be defined precisely. In any case, we already have an attribute to publish additional subsidiary types, namely InterfaceExtension.

> For us, the value is a constant.  If the URL happens to be a
> pointer to where the semantics are described then all the better!

This pretty much says that you agree that this is an abuse of the attribute!