[glue-wg] GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Navarro, John-Paul F. navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 30 10:51:58 EDT 2014

Greetings GLUE WG,

Our next GLUE WG teleconference will be:
: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
: 15:30-17:00 Central Europe, 8:30-10:00 AM US Central

We will try this teleconference and screen sharing tool:
: Web: https://meet.illinois.edu/herrio/V57YV10Q
:  --> Cancel login dialog, click guest "Sign in here instead", enter name, click "Join the meeting"
: Phone: 1-888-983-3631, International 1-217-332-6338 or 1-312-994-8410
: Conference ID: 6759150

As a fall back we also have:
: Web: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-glue-wg/ (Adobe Connect)
: Login as Guest using your real name

Meeting materials folder:
: http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=6588

Proposed agenda:

1) LDAP rendering: assess final wg comments and votes and perhaps forward for public comment
Previous:
> Action 1: Florido will coordinate with Maria to confirm that all the recommended testing was completed
> Action 2: Once testing is complete, Florido will share a schema document without the release candidate lable
> Action 3: JP/Shiraz will merge schema into rendering document, e-mail list to vote and approve document for release to public comment
Discuss status.

2) Enumerations: approve enumerations process document
Previous:
> We noted that this is a GLUE WG working document, and not a spec per-se, so we will be able change it and approve changes by simple agreement.
> Action 1: Florido will accept changes and send the document to the list
> Action 2: Shiraz/JP will create new versioned wiki pages to contain the material, 1.0 for current document that we will vote on, and 1.1 for the next version
>  http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/glue-wg/wiki/Enumerations_procedures_and_best_practices_v10
>  http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/glue-wg/wiki/Enumerations_procedures_and_best_practices_v11
> Action 3: Florido will transfer content to new wiki pages, and notify Shiraz/JP
> Action 4: Shiraz/JP will announce to the list that this is an official WG process document
> Action 5: Florido will share Maria's enumeration request and associated discussion with the GLUE WG list
All action items are DONE.
Discuss next steps, if any.

3) Cloud Extensions: compare benefits and disadvantages of both approaches
Previous:
> Action 1: Shiraz/JP ask Andre and OGF steering committee for ideas on resolving two approaches supported by 1 community each

Discuss status.

4) JSON: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps.
Previous:
> Representing association, a to b, b to a, or both?
> Option 1: schema allows both directions, rendering document identifies directionality rules that should be followed
> Option 2: schema requires both directions
> Option 3: schema requires one direction which we consider to be the best, and in few cases may require both directions (applying should rules in rendering document)
> Option 4: schema requires one direction which we consider to be the best, the other direction is optional
> We want to discuss this with David on the call.
> Stephen pointed out that optional relations are ambiguous: if missing is there no relation or is it a missing relation?
If David is available we can continue this discussion.

5) Future meetings
OGF 41 sessions July 16 or 17
July 29?
OGF 42 September 8-12 in London, http://autonomic-conference.org/