[glue-wg] NOTES: GLUE WG teleconference, Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Navarro, John-Paul F. navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 3 14:19:05 EDT 2014

Present: David, Florido, JP, Salvatore, Shiraz, Stephen, Warren

Agenda and notes:

1) LDAP rendering (JP/Shiraz: 10 minutes)
Discuss status, voting, and release for public comment.
Previous action items:
> Action 1: Everyone review Florido's specification edits, Shiraz/JP approve and accept changes
> Action 2: Florido will share schema diffs in ~1 week, everyone please review and comment
> Action 3: After changes accepted advance internal document version to 7.3, fix naming, and upload to this Drafts folder:https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=14
> Next call we will vote to approve document(s) and release for public comment.

New action items:
Action 1: Florido will send final schema to the list
Action 2: JP will merge schema into Appendix following XML example
Action 3: JP will add a reference to a standalone schema document in the LDAP rendering document
Action 4: JP/Shiraz will send out for final 1 week comment request to glue-wg
Action 5: JP/Shiraz will integrate comments and send out a 1 week vote request to glue-wg
Action 6: JP/Shiraz will confirm with OGF area lead if we need consensus or majority vote results

2) Enumerations (Florido: 5 minutes)
Discuss status.
Previous action items:
> Action 1: Florido will update and move practice document to Drafts/, everyone please review and comment.
> https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=14

Agreed 1: Enumerations are case sensitive as defined by the schema entities that they describe
Agreed 2: Prohibit the use of multiple enumerations that only vary in case
Action 1: Florido will update document to reflect Agreed 1 & 2 and notify GLUE WG to review and provide feedback
Action 2: GLUE WG to review Florido's revised
Action 2: At the next GLUE WG call we will vote on the updated document

3) Cloud extensions (Salvatore/Warren/all: 5 minutes)
Plan discussion for future next meeting.

4) JSON rendering (Warren/Shiraz: 30+ minute presentation)
Warren presentation, discuss vote/approval and public comment.
Previous action items:
> Warren will look over David's edits, corrections.
> Action 1: Warren will post final document by May 27th, everyone please review and comment.
> Action 2: JP/Shiraz will announce vote on list so for individuals that can't make the June 3rd meeting.
> Action 3: Warren will present (~30 minutes) the JSON rendering material in June 3rd meeting for group to vote/approve and send to public comment

Agreed 1: Use an Associations bag for association references
Agreed 2: All association references will use the "ID" suffix
We will continue JSON rendering discussion at next call.

Next meeting will on June 17, with primary topics:
- LDAP rendering: assess final wg comments and votes and perhaps forward for public comment
- Enumerations: approve enumerations process document
- Cloud Extensions: compare benefits and disadvantages of both approaches
- JSON: continue rendering discussions, discuss next steps.

Regards,

JP and Shiraz