[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

Maria Alandes Pradillo Maria.Alandes.Pradillo at cern.ch
Thu Jul 31 11:30:23 EDT 2014

Dear Maarten,

> > > is no way to know whether BDIIs have upgraded or not. The only thing
> > > we currently publish in the BDII is the version of the bdii package,
> > > and this package is not affected here. So at some point you may
> > > start publishing GLUE 2.1 and depending on which BDII you query you may
> see this information or not.
> > >
> > > Therefore we need a new BDII release along _with_ the new schema.
> >
> > As I said in my first reply to Salvatore, we need to release a new version of the
> glue-schema package, if this is what you mean by "a new BDII release".
>
> No, we also need to increase the BDII version.
>
> To avoid the chaos that would otherwise ensue.

There is no chaos because of this, the chaos remains in any case no matter what you know about what´s installed out there. And in any case, it´s still an assumption to think that because a site upgraded the bdii package it also upgraded the glue-schema package. Maybe a fair assumption, but an assumption after all.

Regards,
Maria