[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

Salvatore Pinto salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
Thu Jul 31 08:34:50 EDT 2014

Hi Maria,

On 31/07/2014 14:23, Maria Alandes Pradillo wrote:
> Dear Salvatore,
>
>>    1. Top-BDII & Site-BDII s to update schema to 2.1 (this can be done via an
>> update of the BDII software in the UMD/EMI and will not distrupt
>> anything)
> The relevant package is the glue-schema package that is part of all resource, site and top BDIIs. Once you release this in the usual repos, all BDII flavours will start upgrading when the site decides to do so, we don't have control over this.
thanks for the info, much easier like that :)

>>    2. Site-BDII provider update to publish cloud info in both 2.0 and 2.1 (this can
>> be done in parallel with #1, since Top-BDIIs not already updated to 2.1 will just
>> ignore the new 2.1 entities)
> Which provider do you mean here? There is no need to change the ldap info provider. It will automatically publish GLUE 2.1 as long as the right version of the glue-schema package containing GLUE 2.1 is installed in the BDII. This means, a top BDII with the right version of the glue-schema will publish cloud objects of those site BDIIs with the right version of the glue-schema publishing cloud objects.
the cloud-info-provider, no need to change the others. Note that, for
now, the cloud-info-provider is producing GLUE 2.0 entities (so a
undocumented community profile for EGI to represent cloud sources).
These are quite limited, GLUE 2.1 will represent more information, once
we have it in the schema, we can start publishing these.
>>    3. When 1&2 are complete, update clients to consume 2.1 information (at the
>> time, only AppDB is consuming this info, the new clients we are going to develop
>> will be already based on at least a draft of 2.1)
> Which clients do you mean here? ginfo? This is the only client querying GLUE 2 information at the moment.
AppDB is also queryiing the BDII to get the cloud information
automatically, and there is plan to add COMPs and other cloud brokers
too. I will push these latest to the 2.1 draft, also because they need
information who is not published in our 2.0 profile right now.
>>    4. When 3 is complete, Site-BDII provider update to publish cloud info only in
>> 2.1
> As I said before, there is no need to do any changes to the ldap info provider, if this is what you mean here.
yes, only cloud-info-provider will need to be updated to stop producing
"legacy" 2.0 information.
> Regards,
> Maria
Cheers,
   Salvatore.

--
Salvatore Pinto
Cloud Technologist, EGI.eu
e-mail: salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
skype: salvatore.pinto0
Science Park 140, Amsterdam, The Netherlands