[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

Salvatore Pinto salvatore.pinto at egi.eu
Thu Jul 31 07:19:15 EDT 2014

Hi Maria,
since we are only adding new entities in the schema, I think it will be
possible to perform the migration quite smoothly in 4 steps:

  1. Top-BDII & Site-BDII s to update schema to 2.1 (this can be done
via an update of the BDII software in the UMD/EMI and will not distrupt
anything)
  2. Site-BDII provider update to publish cloud info in both 2.0 and 2.1
(this can be done in parallel with #1, since Top-BDIIs not already
updated to 2.1 will just ignore the new 2.1 entities)
  3. When 1&2 are complete, update clients to consume 2.1 information
(at the time, only AppDB is consuming this info, the new clients we are
going to develop will be already based on at least a draft of 2.1)
  4. When 3 is complete, Site-BDII provider update to publish cloud info
only in 2.1

Cheers,
   Salvatore.