[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 07:30:18 EDT 2014

david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk [mailto:david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk] said:
> I would be in favour of adding new 2.1 cloud entities provided:
>
> *	2.1 only adds new (cloud) implementations that are derived from the
> 2.0 abstract entities.
> *	There are no changes to the 2.0 entities, especially no changes to the
> core abstract entities.

Can I clarify exactly what you're saying: you want no completely new free-standing objects (analogous to e.g. Benchmark or StorageServiceCapacity)? And you don't want even optional attributes added to the abstract classes? Both of those would be OK in LDAP in the sense that if a server doesn't publish new objects/attributes it makes no difference whether the schema contains them or not.