[glue-wg] VOTE by 8/1: GLUE 2.1 for describing cloud resources?

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Sat Jul 26 10:08:03 EDT 2014

JP Navarro [mailto:navarro at mcs.anl.gov] said:
> 1) Use GLUE 2.0 with a Community Practice Profile that details how to
> describe cloud infrastructure using the existing 2.0 entities
> 2) Develop GLUE 2.1 adding new Cloud Computing entities (would be 100%
> backward compatible with GLUE 2.0 for non-Cloud entities)

I would vote for 2, but I'd like to reiterate my views on what it would mean. Any GLUE 2.1 schema should only add new entities, or new optional attributes to existing entities. In that case any valid GLUE 2.0 document is also valid in 2.1, and that would include the use of the 2.0 Computing Service objects to represent cloud services if that's what a project wants to do, so in effect I'm voting for both 1) and 2)!