[glue-wg] Notes: GLUE WG session at OGF 40

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 10:40:57 EST 2014

Paul Millar [mailto:paul.millar at desy.de] said:
> I may have missed this, but has anyone attempted to describe the Cloud
> instances using GLUE 2.0 and the built-in extension points?

To some extent; have a look at this, which is a commercial cloud provider which has recently joined EGI:

ldapsearch -x -h site-bdii.100percentit.com -p 2170 -b GLUE2GroupID=cloud,o=glue

That information isn't yet integrated into the top BDII, but the plan is to have that fairly soon.

> It would be useful for us because we designed extension points to
> support exactly this use-case.  If it turns out that Cloud services
> cannot be described in GLUE 2.0 then our extension system is broken and
> should be updated with GLUE 2.1

The extensions are designed to let you add new attributes to existing objects, they were never intended to let you build a whole new set of objects.