[glue-wg] New Endpoint and Service types

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Apr 4 13:01:25 EDT 2014

Hi Florido,

On 04/04/14 15:46, Florido Paganelli wrote:
> On 2014-04-04 14:58, Paul Millar wrote:
>> My I suggest we have a standard way of mapping an OGF and RFC
>> specification to a Capability?  This could be a URL or a URN.
>
> We have two ways: EITHER we just insert the URN in the description,
> OR we want a machine to be able to parse it and hence we add an
> additional field in the Capability_t.csv.

Let me give some concrete examples:

An endpoint that supports RFC-6585 publishes the capability
'org.ietf.rfc-6585'

An endpoint that supports RFC-2660 publishes the capability
'org.ietf.rfc-2660'.

An endpoint that supports SRM v2.2 publishes the capability
'org.ogf.gfd-129'

An endpoint that supports GridFTP publishes the capability
'org.ogf.gfd-20'

An endpoint that supports GridFTP v2 publishes the capability
'org.ogf.gfd-47'

I hope you see how, given any RFC or any GFD, I know exactly how to
publish a capability; and, given the capabilities of any endpoint, I
know exactly which RFCs and GFDs it supports.

Cheers,

Paul.