[glue-wg] No audio

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 24 11:40:57 EDT 2013

On Sep 23, 2013, at 1:50 PM, Florido Paganelli <florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se> wrote:

> I see. Differences in implementations due to fuzzy
> specification/specification not targeted for developers lead to an
> "interoperability problem".
>
> I think we wanted to solve such interoperability issues with GLUE2, but
> it's clear I misunderstood all of it. My bad.

Florido,

You are totally correct that developer and operator specifications/profiles/configurations may be necessary to implement a distributed interoperable GLUE 2 information systems. The point we're trying to make is that there are different types of specifications/profiles/configurations some of which belong in the rendering document, while others belong elsewhere.  For example, in a grid of GLUE2 information systems authentication and authorization of distributed service interactions is critical, BUT that doesn't mean we want that information in the GLUE2 schema specification or the LDAP rendering specification.

Specifications that enable a user to query and use LDAP information from multiple infrastructures belongs in the LDAP rendering specification.

Specifications that implement a specific LDAP service topology (like EGI's) belong in a community practices document.  Other communities may have a different topology, or NO topology with a single central LDAP service.

So, we definitely must "solve such interoperability issues with GLUE2", but we need distinguish between problems that our GLUE2 LDAP rendering must solve, and problems that a particular infrastructure must solve, but which other infrastructures may solve differently and still be interoperable.

JP