[glue-wg] No audio

Laurence Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Tue Sep 24 09:49:56 EDT 2013

Hi Florido,

The question is basically flat vs nested,  similar to the XML, JSON
discussions. As I mentioned in the previous mail, the decision at the
time was to go with flat, i.e. not to make any assumption about the DIT.

I agree that this seems a little strange, as LDAP is naturally
hierarchical, but if you have to interoperate with flat XML or JSON
information, you would will also have an interoperability problem.

So this is more a discussion about flat vs nested. If there was an
abstract nested model, then the LDAP DIT would naturally follow this.

I have not been following the recent developments but as far as I
understand, the predominant view is to go for a flat renderings.

Laurence