[glue-wg] How to finalize the LDAP draft was Re: No audio

Maria Alandes Pradillo Maria.Alandes.Pradillo at cern.ch
Fri Sep 20 06:58:10 EDT 2013

Dear all,
I think Maria or Laurence who are the BDII developers I worked with
during EMI should be there as well, if they want, to give a technical
point of view. I don't think we should underestimate implementation
issues; it's clear from Stephen's talk that existing implementations matter.

I'm happy to be there, of course. I have explained the technical detailes in a previous mail in any case. Moreover, I don't forsee any other changes in the BDII. The BDII is currently compatible with ARC, gLite, dCache and Unicore resources as far as GLUE 2 is concerned. I'm not doing any further changes since the system is working and we have already seen that introducing changes in terms of DIT modifications is very risky and may break the production infrastructure (something that by the way happened some weeks ago and we had to roll back a version of the ldap info provider). Whatever it is decided in the meeting has to be compatible with what it is currently implemented.

Regards,
Maria