[glue-wg] No audio

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 18 11:31:27 EDT 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Maria Alandes Pradillo <Maria.Alandes.Pradillo at cern.ch> wrote:

> I wonder whether we can agree on a solution that maintains the current specification and maybe extends it to include Florido´s changes?

Maintaining compatibility with the current implementation and specification is an important goal.

Even if we can do that, there is higher level debate about what should be in the specification, for example:

There are BDII/LDAP deployment and configuration designs that are *necessary* for infrastructure publishers and operators, but *not*visible* to the users of one or multiple interoperable information systems.

So the question is "who needs to know what the DIT is" and "who needs to know what the insertion points are"?

If the answer is that *only* infrastructure publishers and operators, and NOT users, then the DIT doesn't belong in the LDAP rendering specification, but in a profile or community practices document.

I believe this is the key question regarding DITs.

JP