[glue-wg] DN encoding discussion and agreement

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 4 13:06:41 EST 2013

The GLUE Specification v. 2.0:
 http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=18
with regard to X.509 Distinguished Names (section A.12) and the DN_t (B.13) incorrectly references IETF RFC 4514.

In our last call we agreed to replace the reference to the RFC with text describing the de facto GLUE 2 interoperable format for DNs is the legacy OpenSSL format with a syntax like "/C=foo/O=bar/cn=person".

This change would result in a corrected/errata specification release.

We also decided NOT to add anything to the specification about alternate DN formats, but instead to start working group discussions about other standard format(s) that to be added to the specification int the future.

Thanks,

JP