[glue-wg] Platform_t

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 14 15:59:41 EDT 2013

Stephen,

You're right in that I may not be fully aware of previous work, however, I do think it's appropriate to look over GLUE 1 enumerations before recommending them in the context of GLUE 2.  The same applies to EMI or other implementations. We want to bring the best of previous standards work and of current implementations, and as a community endorse the parts that we believe should be standard or recommended broadly.  You're right that a lot of good work has been done and we want to built on it.

Thanks,

JP