[glue-wg] New types

Florido Paganelli florido.paganelli at hep.lu.se
Mon Jul 22 12:15:23 EDT 2013

My only concern is that these names should come from implementor of the
services/interfaces, not from users. Did the IGE project developed these
services by themselves, or it's globus services?

also a serviceType org.globus.gsissh sounds very weird to me. All in all
this repetition of names between Services and InterfaceNames makes me
think we have no common understanding of the concepts.

Here it seems there is a 1 to 1 relationship between Service and
Endpoint. Is it so? Service for me is some kind of grouping of endpoints
dedicated to to something, that's why we have ComputingService and
StorageService.

Moreover, we should only accept Open Enumerations that come with a
description. Can they provide such a thing?

Cheers,
Florido

On 2013-07-22 18:07, JP Navarro wrote:
> Greetings Stephen,
>
> My only though was whether either the InterfaceName, or more likely the ServiceType, should indicate "gram5" instead of "gram" to help differentiate between the various generations of gram, now all of which are compatible.
>
> JP
>
> On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:56 AM, <stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The IGE project has implemented GLUE publication for some globus services, and would like to register the following type names:
>>
>> InterfaceName_t 'org.globus.gram' and 'org.globus.gsissh'
>> PolicyScheme_t 'org.globus.standard'
>> ServiceType_t 'org.globus.gram' and 'org.globus.gsissh'
>>
>> Do we have any problem with that?
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> --
>> Scanned by iCritical.

 Florido Paganelli
   ARC Middleware Developer - EMI Project
   System Administrator
 Lund University
 Department of Physics
 Division of Particle Physics
 BOX118
 221 00 Lund
 Office Tel: 046-2220272
 Email: florido.paganelli at REMOVE_THIShep.lu.se
 Homepage: http://www.hep.lu.se/staff/paganelli