[glue-wg] DN format anomaly

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 11:55:45 EST 2013

JP Navarro [mailto:navarro at mcs.anl.gov] said:
> It would appear there is no RFC.  We have a choice to make on whether to
> change GLUE 2 to be compliant with an RFC, or keep things the way they are
> to be compatible with an old de-facto standard.  Both option have impacts of
> different sorts.

With our current middleware I think it doesn't make sense to use anything other than the openssl format in GLUE, it would mean having format converters in both directions which would be highly error-prone, there are lots of subtleties. You could argue that the entire middleware should change, but I think that would be about as likely as the UK changing to driving on the right!