[glue-wg] DN format anomaly

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 11 09:58:36 EST 2013

Given that standards in support of interoperability is our mission and that it takes time for infrastructures to migrate from old (de-factor) DN representations to newer standards based ones, I would recommend an approach that gives GLUE2  users and infrastructures time to migrate by discussing and choosing a new standards based representation for DNs would adopt, introducing a new and separate set of optional GLUE2 attibributes that can be used to publish standards based representations, and discussing a GLUE2 publishing policy/profile that facilitates evolution away from non-standards toward standards.

That's my recommendation.

JP