[glue-wg] GLUE2 XSD published (and Cloud extensions)

Shiraz Memon a.memon at fz-juelich.de
Tue Dec 3 10:22:35 EST 2013

A great news indeed!

I would like to congratulate to all who have put their efforts to get the GLUE XML rendering document published. It's never been easy :)

Best regards,
Shiraz

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM, JP Navarro <navarro at mcs.anl.gov<mailto:navarro at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:
David and others,

Congratulations and thank-you to all who contributed to this work!

Sometimes progress appears slow, but perhaps it is progressing as quickly as it should considering that we are integrating multiple view points and diverse requirements.  We did eventually reach our goal.

JP

On Dec 3, 2013, at 5:49 AM, <david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk>> <david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk>> wrote:

> Hi all,
> FYI the GLUE v2.0 XML rendering has been published:  http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.209.pdf
>
> Regarding the cloud extensions:  I expect that the abstract entities defined in this XSD (e.g. AbstractService, AbstractEndpoint, AbstractShare, AbstractManager etc…) could be extended to derive the new cloud entities/types in and extension XSD, e.g. CloudComputeService, CloudComputeEndpoint, CloudComputeShare. This could be done in exactly the same way as the existing GLUE 2 concrete entities (ComputingService, ComputingEndpoint, StorageShare and so on).
>
> I’m sorry I can’t make it to the meeting today.
>
> David
>
> ==========================
> David Meredith
> Scientific Computing Dept
> Daresbury Laboratory
> Tel: +44 (0) 1925 603762<tel:%2B44%20%280%29%201925%20603762>
> Fax: +44 (0) 1925 603100<tel:%2B44%20%280%29%201925%20603100> (Site)
> Email: david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:david.meredith at stfc.ac.uk>
> Skype name: davidismeredith
>

> --
> Scanned by iCritical.