[glue-wg] Extending GLUE 2.0 for Cloud services

Warren Smith wsmith at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 3 09:18:38 EST 2013

I expect to be on the call in a bit, but I thought I'd send a note that I haven't had any problem representing OpenStack and Nimbus IaaS clouds in the existing GLUE2 model. So far, I've primarily focused on the compute side, but I thought it was as straightforward to map GLUE2 entities to IaaS concepts as it was to map GLUE2 entities to cluster concepts.

I haven't done too much with the storage entities, but so far, it seems to me like the mapping to existing GLUE2 doesn't seem that much more difficult than for clusters...

A final thought is if we want to open the GLUE 2 model for changes, I'll have some suggestions based on my experiences so far. However, I don't feel a huge need to open the model for changes right now.

Warren