[glue-wg] Glue1 material?

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at egi.eu
Tue Dec 3 07:52:59 EST 2013

Hi Florido,

The Computing Element was usually mapped to an entry point, a queue and
associated resources in a batch system. When batch queues started to be
enabled for different VOs with different quotas, there was the issue on how
to discover how much free slots were available per VO. To maintain
backwards compatibility, the VOView was added to replicate some of the
attributes of the ComputingElement, but with information specific to the
VO. This would give dynamic information to support meta-scheduling.

In GLUE 2.0, we addressed this issue with a different approach (separating
endpoint and share).

Cheers, Sergio