[glue-wg] Outcomes from the OGF36 meeting

Shiraz Memon a.memon at fz-juelich.de
Mon Oct 22 05:34:07 EDT 2012

Dear WG,

As planned during the OGF36 we have had intense discussions on the outstanding issues. Thanks a lot to the presenters who (despite of unpleasing network issues) have substantially contributed and made the sessions interesting.

The slides have already been uploaded on our wiki, and can be accessed from the link below:
http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/glue-wg?folder_id=40

Outcomes:
* XML rendering: It has been decided to use the "Flat" rendering, however whether to use choices for references and/or nested elements is yet to be decided. For that a separate phone meeting will be arranged.

* LDAP Rendering with(out) DIT: a dedicated meeting will be arranged to move closer to the decision of incorporating DIT (if agreed) in the rendering document.

* Initiated a new task to realise a JSON Rendering of the GLUE 2 entities. EMI and FutureGrid are currently the only stakeholders. I and Warren will kick-start this activity in the coming days, off course anyone on the group is welcome to contribute.

Cheers,
Shiraz
--
Ahmed Shiraz Memon