[glue-wg] JSON rendering

Shiraz Memon a.memon at fz-juelich.de
Fri Oct 5 05:57:52 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Warren Smith <wsmith at tacc.utexas.edu> wrote:

>  ** **
>
> Could you point me to your slides from the last OGF?

here is a link to the slides:
http://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf_files/145?download=

and an example JSON document:
http://eu-emi.github.com/emiregistry/documentation/registry-1.2.0/emir-manual.html#appendixi

It is obvious that the JSON documents therein does not reflect glue
structure at all, however the entity names and attributes. We have also
introduced a couple of extra attributes, such as, "expire_on" - where
publisher can specify TTL value of that particular document - or _id though
uninteresting for the user, assigned by the document database.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I’d like to be able to have multiple entities in each JSON document for
> easier publishing. I may require it depending on how we represent
> associations - there are a couple places where XSEDE wants
> ComputingActivities in queue order.****
>
> ** **
>
> I think a good goal would be to allow JSON documents to have many GLUE2
> entities in them, or just one entity.

I’m using 3 documents right now (single computing activity, multiple

****

> ** **
>
> If there can be at most 1 entity of that type (e.g. ComputingService). If
> there can be multiple entities (e.g. ComputingShare) I did:****
>
> ** **
>
> “GLUE2 Entity Name”: [****
>
>    {****
>
>      attributes****
>
>   },****
>
>    {****
>
>      attributes****
>
>   },****
>
> ]****
>
> ** **
>
> even if a particular document only had 1 of these entities. I did this so
> that it was a bit easier to process the document.

mapping the entities as you've mentioned above was my first thought while
designing the json template, however due to the requirements we shrank and
packed the entities into a single level objects (i.e. service and endpoint
at the same level).

We have to see whether the aforesaid approach - which seems to be quite
natural - is feasible for us. It would be very helpful if you have any
example showing "Service" and "Endpoint" entities.

Thanks,
Shiraz

 **