[glue-wg] Endpoint.TrustedCA and ComputingEndpoint.TrustedCA Inconsistency in GFD147

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 1 16:01:04 EDT 2012

An ideal design might be to support named collections of CAs where any number of services across an entire federation can reference these named collections.  A detailed description of what is in a named collections would only need to exist in one place within a federation.

First I think it's important to confirm that we indeed have NO uses for this today. Does anyone know of any?

Second I would propose that we open up the floor to proposed solutions.  Discussing a proposed solution, and even coming to a consensus, doesn't mean we have to change the current GLUE 2 specification.  The community can first try to implement a consensus solution, or multiple solutions, and at some future point decide which of these we want to integrate into a future GLUE2 revision.

In short, we need to confirm we aren't breaking any known uses and implementations while we explore solutions.

JP